~ CORA VINCA® ~
(Catharanthus roseus Cora)
These beautiful upright growing plants are healthy and well rooted. The simple yet gorgeous flowers are attractive in any garden container, or can be planted as a border, or simply as ground cover.
The plants I have are in 8″ pots and are planted in soil with time-released fertilizer- no need to worry about fertilizing them!
$15 for two pots
About These Plants:
This plant thrives in heat and are better performing than most other vinca varieties.
The Common vinca, (aka periwinkle) is susceptible to “sudden death” due to hot, humid climates. Luckily, plant breeders were able to produce a variety of periwinkle that is more disease resistant and has a better tolerance to heat and drought… their flowers’ color also lasts longer… meet Cora Vinca !
I keep my Cora Vinca in the greenhouse which some times reaches temperatures of 110degrees (F) in the summer, but these plants have no problem and are doing very well. It is said to be able to survive various climate stress, including seasonal rain and cold snaps in the fall.
The Cora plant is super easy to grow, produces tons of blooms, and lasts right up until frost. You can over-winter them in a bright room or under a plant light- just bring them inside before the first frost.
Note: Cora is an upright vinca, and Cora Cascade is the trailing/spreading type.
I found an article claiming that Catharanthus roseus is “known to control major diseases such as leukemia and diabetes.” (1)
SEND AN EMAIL VIA THE FORM BELOW AND
I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MANY
OF THESE PLANTS I HAVE LEFT.
NO HOLDS – FIRST COME – FIRST SERVE
- This plant loves the sun, so be sure to place it in a full-sun location.
- Provide soil that trains well.
- Be careful not to over water; keep this plants on the drier side. Water only when soil feels dry to touch.
- Need to deadhead flowers.
- Fertilize with a well-balanced complete liquid feed once or twice per month.
Most of my sales are done locally. Below are methods in which I accept payment:
- If you are picking up your item and are local, I either accept cash or you can pay via credit card when you arrive.
- For those that live further, please email me using the form on the right and I will contact you to work out shipping costs and payment details with you.
Sorry, I do not ship potted plants.
If you live local to Jackson, NJ, I will be happy to meet you at the WaWa down the street from Six Flags Great Adventure, with your plants.
Feel free to send me an email with any questions you may hav
Email us below:
Ideas/Uses for These Plants:
- Make Your Own Basket
- Use as a border
- Fill a bed with different varieities/colors of this plant
- Fill a large planter with various types of plants and include this for nearly three seasons of color!
- Plant information is obtained from either the seed package I purchased, a plant guide or online. Although I am careful where I get my information, however I can not be held accountable for another’s information posted; especially in reference to medicinal and health claims. My personal experiences and opinions are clearly identified.
- Information obtained from notes currently in paper format (copies) may not necessarily contain the original source.
- I will send you photos, if desired, of the plants prior to shipping so you can see exactly what is being shipped to you. I can not be responsible for the condition of the plants when they arrive as I have no control over how the carrier will treat your package, although well packed and marked. If you have any issues, please contact the carrier first.